Office of Naval Intelligence
Worldwide Threat to Shipping (WTS) Report
Table of Contents
3.Counter-Piracy and Maritime Crime Announcements and Advisories
4.Details: Monthly Incidents by Region
5.Appendix A: Further Contact Information and Resources
6.Appendix B: Terminology and References
1. (U) Scope Note
(U) The Worldwide Threat to Shipping (WTS) message provides info on piracy threats to, and criminal action against, merchant vessels and the shipping industry worldwide in the last 30 days. This report is produced primarily to inform merchant mariners and naval forces.
2. (U) Warnings and Advisories
1. (U) MARAD Advisory 2017-02 – 11 FEB 2017: A maritime threat has been reported in the vicinity of Mocha, Yemen. The U.S. government has reason to believe in late January, mines were laid by Huthi rebels in Yemeni territorial waters in the Red Sea close to the mouth of the al Mocha harbor. Mariners are advised to exercise caution when transiting this area.
2. (U) MARAD Advisory 2017-01 – 7 FEB 2017.
3. (U) UKMTO ADVISORY NOTICE 001/FEB 2017
4. (U) UKMTO ADVISORY NOTICE 002/JAN 2017