1. UKMTO released one Advisory this week.
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 03 Jun 17 that numerous skiffs were sighted, in the vicinity of the Bab-El-Mandeb, with up to 5 armed personnel onboard, Ref ADVISORY WARNING NOTICE 002/JUN/2017. Ship and crew are safe.
3. There is still continued reporting being seen following the recent SHADE and MIEVOM conferences with the Commander of CTF151 emphasising the measures needed to be taken to reduce the risk of piracy, media article.
4. The rise in piracy is not just restricted to the HRA as article (b) highlights and the international response continues with Kenya joining the Djibouti Code of Conduct. The theme of cooperation is also evidenced with judiciary liaison seen between India and Somalia, article (d).
5. There has been a high volume of press reporting and speculation regarding the political situation surrounding Qatar and how that will affect the merchant community.