1. This week UKMTO issued one Advisory, see page 3 for full details.
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 10 Aug 17 that 7 skiffs approached a vessel to the north of the Bab El Mandeb (BeM) straits with 2 skiffs closing to 1 cable before withdrawing. Ref ADVISORY NOTICE 001/AUG/2017. Vessel and crew reported safe.
3. UKMTO released a Notice on behalf of the Department for Transport which details guidance to the shipping community for the BeM and associated waters, highlighting the risks in the area. See page 4 for full details.
4. The Combined Maritime Force conducted manoeuvres in the western region of the Gulf of Aden and will continue to patrol the area around the BeM. Article (a) refers.
5. Pirate attacks are down over the first six months of this year compared to the same period last year. Article (b) refers.
6. There have been a lot of reports observed recently about human migration in the Gulf of Aden to which article (d) refers, mariners are requested to continue reporting anything unusual or suspicious to UKMTO. 7. Potential way ahead for ships and navigation for the future? Article (c) refers.