1. This week UKMTO issued no Advisories or Warnings.
2. As reported in last week’s report, UKMTO released NOTICE 001/SEP/2017 on behalf of CTF151 which advises of the ongoing focused operation off the Horn of Africa between 14 and 28 September 2017 (see page 4 for details).
3. In addition to the CTF151 focused operation, EUNAVFOR and the French Navy have been conducting an anti-piracy exercise. Article (a) refers.
4. A Yemeni merchant ship, MV Asad Addin, had been drifting for three days due to a damaged fuel tank. CTF 151 assisted with the resulting SOLAS operation. Further details in article (b).
5. The recent theme of the dangers faced from a CYBER attack continues in the media, see articles (c) and (d). The UK Government have released guidance on how to mitigate against this risk. Article (e) refers.
6. Calls for the maritime intelligence industry to develop minimum standards for the production of intelligence. Article (f) refers.
7. Article (g) is a timely reminder of some of the selfprotection measures that are contained within BMP4