1. This week UKMTO issued one Advisory, see page 3 for details.
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 07 Oct 17 that, at the Western end of the IRTC, a vessel was approached by four skiffs with between 4 and 5 persons on board. Ref ADVISORY NOTICE 002/OCT/2017. Vessel and crew reported safe. All shipping transiting the area are recommended to stay vigilant and report any suspicious sightings or activity to UKMTO as soon as possible.
3. EUNAVFOR continue their efforts to assist with training of Somalian coast guard training. See article (a) for further details.
4. There have been numerous reports in the media highlighting the case of six British security guards presently held in India. Articles (b) and (c) refer.
5. A new RN warship, which will be tackling piracy in the region in the future, is to establish links with a local UK council. Article (d) refers.
6. The Calling Notice has been issued this week for the next MIEVOM which will be held on Tuesday 28th November 2017 at the Dubai International Seafarer’s Centre, al Mina Road, Dubai. Attendees should note the date change from the previously promulgated date, this is due to a recent National Holiday announcement for Thursday 30th November.