1. This week UKMTO has issued one advisory, see page 3 for details.
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 17 Nov that an MV transiting off the Somali coast was followed and approached at speed by a skiff. Vessel and crew are reported as being safe. Ref ADVISORY NOTICE 002/NOV/2017. Subsequent reporting indicated that an attempted boarding failed and that weapons were discharged at the vessel.
3. EUNAVFOR have assessed that, as at 1055hrs on 18 Nov 17, there is a possibility of a Pirate Action Group operating within a 150nm radius of 01-56s 047-23e. Full details can be found at the following link MSCHOA
4. There are reports that the Saudi led coalition will ease the restrictions presently in place for merchant vessels accessing Yemen ports. Articles (a) and (b) refer.
5. Combined Maritime Forces come to the aid of a sailor in medical need. Further details in article (c).
6. The Calling Notice has been issued for the next MIEVOM which will be held on Tuesday 28th November 2017 at the Dubai International Seafarer’s Centre, al Mina Road, Dubai. As space at this venue is restricted, those wishing to attend should confirm their details to Dubaiop1@ukmto.org at their earliest convenience