1. This week UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories.
2. In view of the reported unrest on land around the vicinity of the Port of Aden a US Maritime Alert was issued on 30 Jan 2018. Further details can be found at the following link http://bit.ly/2BRaCrZ and any queries should be directed to MARADSecurity@dot.gov.
3. A focused Operation (FO) is being conducted off the Somali Coast and Socotra gap by naval units operating under the Bharani led Counter Piracy Task Force 151 (CTF151). The aim is to:
• Deter, disrupt piracy and deny acts of piracy.
• Understand and analyse the pattern of life in the area.
• Reassure the maritime community through overt demonstration of presence.
4. The FO may result in an increased military presence in the area. Merchant vessels are invited to interact with naval ships from CTF 151 if at all possible.
5. EUNAVFOR are working together to improve coordination and to build an environment that will allow growth of Somali capability and capacity. See article (a) for further details. 6. The increase of ships not using AIS in the Indian Ocean is a concern to the Indian Navy according to article (b