1. This week UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories.
2. A US Maritime Alert update regarding the security situation around the Port of Aden was released on 05 Feb. Further details can be found at the following link http://bit.ly/2BRaCrZ and any queries should be directed to MARADSecurity@dot.gov.
3. Focused Operation (FO) ‘Hamad’ continues off the Somali Coast and Socotra gap involving naval units operating under the Bahraini led Counter Piracy Task Force CTF 151. Their aim is to:
• Deter, disrupt piracy and deny acts of piracy.
• Understand and analyse the pattern of life in the area.
• Reassure the maritime community through overt demonstration of presence.
4. The FO may result in an increased military presence in the area. Merchant vessels are invited to interact with naval ships from CTF 151 if at all possible. See article (a) for more information.
5. A warship from CTF 150 successfully interdicted a vessel smuggling heroin in the Indian Ocean. This is the fifth seizure for the present Australian and Canadian led command. See article (b) for further details.