1. UKMTO have issued no Warnings and one Advisory this week, see page 3 for details.
2. On 08 Mar 2018 a Merchant Vessel in the Bab el Mandeb Straits was approached by 3 skiffs to within 0.5nm, each with up 3 to 4 POB on-board. The ship took measures in line with BMP4. See Advisory 002/MAR/2018 for further details. Vessel and crew are safe.
3. EUNAVFOR have released their latest the Industry Releasable Threat Assessment for merchant vessels that are transiting through the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden (GoA), Gulf of Oman (GoO) and the Western Indian Ocean. In addition they have released a bulletin covering the attack off Somali on 22 Feb 2018. For further details follow the following link - http://bit.ly/2FxGcxL
4. The calling notice for the next Maritime Information Exchange Vessel Operators’ Meeting (MIEVOM), to be held on Sunday 22 April 2018, will be issued on 10 Mar. Anyone who wishes to attend but does receive the notice please e mail their details to DUBAI-OP1@ukmto.org
5. Over the last 3 months CTF150 have interdicted drugs smuggling operations on 8 separate occasions, seizing drugs with an estimated value of $1.3 billion. See article (a) and (b) for further details.
6. 76 Somali prisoners that were held in India on piracy related charges were released and arrived in Mogadishu. Article (c) expands further.