1. UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories this week.
2. On 14 Mar 2018, Combined Maritime Forces hosted a Security Conference for Partner Nations in Bahrain. The conference’s aim was to address the way forward for maritime security issues. See article (a) for further details.
3. EU NAVFOR marks the milestone of 1.7 million tonnes of World Food Programme aid being protected since 2008. Article (b) expands further.
4. Over the past year there have been at least 7 instances of fishing boats colliding with ships outside territorial waters along the coastline of Kerala. Article (c) explores the issue further.
5. Pleasure craft transiting through the region and the Gulf of Aden are encouraged to report to UKMTO in the same manner as merchant vessels laid down in BMP4.
6. The next Maritime Information Exchange Vessel Operators’ Meeting (MIEVOM) will be held on Sunday 22 April 2018. Anyone who wishes further details please e mail their details to DUBAI-OP1@ukmto.org