1. UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories this week.
2. Representatives from over 30 states attended a workshop on maritime security, hosted by the Africa Center for Strategic Studies, in the Seychelles. It reviewed security challenges faced in the Indian Ocean, The Horn of Africa, Gulf of Guinea and the Mediterranean. See article (a) for further information.
3. The vessel Aris 13, which was subject to a pirate attack in March last year, was visited by a French Frigate operating with EUNAVFOR. More details in article (b).
4. Whilst the Somalian fishing industry is making progress, illegal fishing still remains an issue. Article (c) looks at this topic and it’s links to piracy in the region.
5. Cyber security remains an issue and article (d) reflects on the impact last year’s attack had on MAERSK and how it can potentially affect the wider maritime community. 6. The next Maritime Information Exchange Vessel Operators’ Meeting (MIEVOM) will be held on Sunday 22 April 2018. Anyone who wishes further details please e mail their details to DUBAI-OP1@ukmto.org