1. UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories this week.
2. EUNAVFOR and CMF have released the Industry Releasable Threat Bulletin 007 which details the incident that occurred on 31 Mar 2018, see pages 4 – 6. Please note that further distribution requires authority, all queries to be directed to EUNAVFOR
3. On 11 and 17 Apr the French Frigate La Fayette, whilst supporting CTF150, has successfully interdicted 2 dhows smuggling narcotics. Since Dec 2017 the multi-national task force has confiscated over 30 tonnes of hashish and 2.5 tonnes of heroin. More details in articles (a) and (b).
4. US Naval Cooperation and Guidance for Shipping completed their annual exercise which aims to preserve free flow of commerce through cooperation and partnership between the military and commercial communities. See article (c).
5. The RMS St. Helena, Britain’s last working postal ship, is to get a new lease of life as a floating armoury in the Gulf of Oman. Full details in articles (d) and (e).
6. The Anti-Piracy Operation Copper in the Mozambique Channel has been extended by a further year. For more information refer to article (f).
7. The next Maritime Information Exchange Vessel Operators’ Meeting (MIEVOM) will be held on Sunday 22 April 2018.