1. UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories this week.
2. There have been various articles in the media speculating that vessels have been detained near the port of Hudaydah. To date, UKMTO(D) have received no reports to substantiate this. Further comment by EU NAVFOR and CMF can be seen in article (a).
3. US forces together with Omani Sultan’s Armed Forces carried out a Maritime Security Exercise last week which was intended to improve combating maritime security threats. More details in article (b).
4. Seychelles are to make available land in order that a HQ can be constructed for all ship owners in Africa. This will act as a hub for all activities relating to the maritime sector for African shipping. Further details in article (c).
5. The 42nd meeting of SHADE was held in Bahrain on 17/18 April. The conference reviewed maritime security issues and how the Military and Merchant communities were working more collaboratively together than ever before. A full report is in article (d).
6. UKMTO (D) held our regular MIEVOM meeting on 22 Apr. Minutes will be released on 05 May 18.