1. UKMTO has issued one Advisory with one update and no Warnings this week.
2. Two incidents involving two tankers transiting through the Gulf of Oman (GOO); incidents occurred in the Western GOO in international waters. Both incidents were reported simultaneously to UKMTO on the morning of 13 Jun 19. (Associated articles at links para 7.a. to 7.c.)
3. Investigations into both incidents continue. The Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) has released an update with details and their recommendations (see pages 3-5). This document follows the information released following the Fujairah incidents, available at www.ocimf.org/news/press-releases.aspx.
For further information contact Russell Pegg +44 (0)207 654 1202 email: Russell.firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. In response to the incidents in the Gulf of Oman on 13 Jun 19, the U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) released U.S. Maritime Alert 2019-003A at following link http://bit.ly/2IMRnoT and CMF/EU NAVFOR published an Industry Releasable Threat Bulletin IRTB 015 which can been read at www.mschoa.org (login required).
5. The Indian Navy hosted a 2 day Maritime Information Sharing Workshop (MISW) at Gurugram that was attended by 41 delegates from 29 countries of the Indian Ocean Region (IOR) and beyond which included the UK. (See link para 7.d)
6. The Royal Australian Navy Frigate HMAS BALLARAT has claimed her 8th narcotics seizure of 6 tonnes over a 6 days period worth over $3.5m (USD). (See links para 7.e & 7.f.)