1. UKMTO has issued no Advisories or Warnings this week.
2. Due to recent incidents in the Gulf of Oman and Persian Gulf, Flag State guidance has been issued to Company Security Officers (CSO’s) that have vessels operating or due to operate in the affected areas.
3. All CSO’s should ensure that they are fully aware of the latest Flag State guidance and that it is communicated in a timely manner to Masters to allow completion of an informed ‘threat and risk assessment’ of their intended passage, in accordance with Section 3 of BMP5.
4. The latest Industry Releasable Threat Assessments and Bulletins issued jointly by Commander Maritime Forces (CMF) and European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR) can be read at www.mschoa.org (log-in required). Advisories and Alerts issued by U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) can be read at http://bit.ly/2NSMTTr
5. Open source guidance regarding the use of Privately Contracted Armed Security Personnel (PCASP) in the Arabian Gulf, Strait of Hormuz and Gulf of Oman is available on the OCIMF website at: https://bit.ly/2JtPwWm (see article 7.b.)
6. The recently appointed Commander of Combined Task Force (CTF) 151, Rear Admiral Byeong-Ju Yu, Republic of Korea Navy has been busy visiting Armed Forces personnel in the region. One of his visits was to the UKMTO Office in Dubai where he met Royal Naval Liaison Officer Gulf (RNLO(G)) Commander Mark Stuttard RN, Ops Room Manager CPO Anne McGarva and Merchant Navy Liaison Officer (MNLO) Chris Scothern. (see article 7.c.)