1. This week UKMTO issued one Advisory with one update and no warnings.
2. Vessel operators and ships masters are reminded to register their ships transits of the Strait of Hormuz (SoH) at least 72hrs ahead of their passage. Registering SoH transits with UKMTO and remaining cognisant of the latest Industry, Government and Military guidance remains vital to mitigate against potential risks in the area.
3. A CTF 151 led Counter Piracy focused Operation ‘KING CRAB’, will be conducted from the 23 - 26 September 2019 in the Gulf of Aden and Socotra Gap.
4. A number of media articles report on the growing commitment by nations to the International Maritime Security Construct (IMSC).
5. One of the last four hostages known to be held by Somali pirates, was released yesterday after help from the UN and a humanitarian organization. The four members of the crew of the Iranian fishing dhow SIRAJ have been held in captivity since March 2015. (see media article a).