1. This week UKMTO issued no advisories or warnings.
2. Vessel operators and ships masters are reminded to register their ships transits of the Strait of Hormuz (SoH) at least 72hrs ahead of their passage. Registering SoH transits with UKMTO and remaining cognisant of the latest Industry, Government and Military guidance remains vital to mitigate against potential risks in the area.
3. The U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) released Advisory 2019-013 reporting instances of significant GPS interference in the Mediterranean Sea and Suez Canal, highlighting concentration near Port Said, Egypt. The Advisory is available at: http://bit.ly/2olHFDx
4. The British Flagged MV Stena Impero was finally released on the morning of Friday 27 Sep 19. The vessel and 16 remaining crew members arrived safe and well in Dubai on Saturday afternoon 28 Sep 19. See articles 9.a. and 9.b.
5. The Iranian fisherman held hostage for over four years, released last week on humanitarian grounds, arrived in Tehran on Tuesday to an emotional welcome. See articles 9.c. and 9.d.
6. Major General Antonio Planells Palau assumes command of EUNAVFOR Operation Atalanta on 1 Oct 2019. Article 9.e. has details.
7. CTF 151 carried out focused operation ‘King Crab’ in the Gulf of Aden this week, while Commander CTF 150 Commodore Ed Ahlgren RN met with Commander of the Western Fleet Rear Admiral Sager Mohammed AL-Harbi in Jeddah. Respective articles 9.f. and 9.g. have more detail.