1. This week UKMTO issued no advisories or warnings.
2. On 7 Nov 19, the UK Department for Transport (DfT) released Security Notification 2019/30 to Red Ensign Group (REG) shipping with new guidance for the Strait of Hormuz. All REG ship’s CSO should ensure that they are fully aware of the latest Flag State guidance and that it is communicated in a timely manner to ship’s masters.
3. The International Maritime Security Construct (IMSC) was officially launched on Thursday 7 Nov 19 at the United States 5 th Fleet’s Base in Bahrain. The IMSC currently comprises of 7 nations; Albania, Australia, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, United Kingdom and United States of America, and representatives of each country attended the opening ceremony. See paras 5.b. to 5.c. for more details.
4. The calling notice has been issued for the next Maritime Information Exchange Vessel Operators’ Meeting (MIEVOM) to be held in the Dubai International Seafarers’ Center (DISC) on Thursday 28 November 2019. If you would like to attend please send your details to LH Roy Cadman at email@example.com.
5. Open Source Media Articles of interest. UKMTO is not responsible for the accuracy of this reporting. a. 7 Nov 19 - UK lowers security level for its ships in Strait of Hormuz (Reuters): https://reut.rs/2NXtQnW