1. This week UKMTO issued no Advisories or Warnings.
2. The U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) have released U.S. Maritime Alert 2019-015: Overview of the U.S. Maritime Advisory System. MARAD alerts can be viewed at www.marad.dot.gov/MSCI or via the following link: http://bit.ly/3681i2K
3. On 17 Dec the UK Department for Transport (DfT) issued revised Maritime Security Guidance for British flagged ships operating in the Arabian Gulf. DfT Ref 2019/31 refers.
4. On entering the Voluntary Reporting Area (VRA) and registering their Initial report with UKMTO, ship’s Masters and CSOs are requested to submit an ETA for arrival at the Strait of Hormuz and Bab el Mandeb Strait, if applicable.
5. UKMTO would like to thank all our readers for their continued co-operation and support during 2019 that allowed our personnel to achieve the following:-
697 visits to ships alongside ports in Jebel Ali, Mina Zayed, Mina Saqr and Mina Rashid.
24 visits to offices of Maritime Security Officers based in the Gulf region.
Attendance at 11 Government or Military coalition conferences held in the Gulf region.
11 Maritime Security presentations at regional commercial shipping industry conferences.
Hosting of 76 visits to the UKMTO Dubai office from a variety of maritime shipping companies, private security companies and regional military organisations