U.S. MARITIME ADVISORY 2020-006
Threat Type: Novel Coronavirus Outbreak
Geographic Area: Global
This revised advisory updates and cancels U.S. Maritime Advisory 2020-005
1. References: (a) U.S. Maritime Alert 2020-002A (b) U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) Maritime Safety Information Bulletins (MSIBs) on Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
2. Issue: Current info on COVID-19 for mariners and maritime commerce stakeholders is being published through USCG MSIBs, which are available within the 2020 drop down at https://go.usa.gov/xdsP5. This information will be updated as the situation warrants.
3. Guidance: Mariners should reference the latest Coast Guard MSIBs, per paragraph 2 above, for USCG, State Department, and CDC guidance, including travel guidance.
4. Contact Information: Maritime industry questions about COVID-19 guidance and requirements should be communicated to OutbreakQuestions@uscg.mil, local USCG Captain of the Port (COTP) offices, or to a vessel’s appropriate COTP for its next port of call.
5. Cancellation of Prior Advisories: This message will automatically expire on August 9, 2020.
For more information about U.S. Maritime Alerts and Advisories, including subscription details, please visit http://www.marad.dot.gov/MSCI.