Updated: Sep 13, 2020
IMO GISIS update:
A refrigerated cargo ship was attacked by armed pirates while underway. The pirates kidnapped two crew. The remaining crew managed to retreat into the citadel. Nigerian navy patrol vessels were deployed to the location to assist. The navy boarded the ship, conducted a search and escorted the ship to a safe anchorage. Remaining crew reported safe.
1. CATEGORY: BOARDING.
2. TIME: 08 Sep 2020 0550UTC.
3. DESCRIPTION: A MV was attacked by an unknown amount of persons. No additional information.
4. POSITION: 05°53N 003°17E (33 Nm southwest of Lagos).
Vessels transiting the area are advised to exercise extreme caution
5. SOURCE: Master of Vessel.
6. All queries regarding Warning Notice ring +33(0) 298 22 88 88 for further information.
Emergency Tel: +33(0) 298 22 88 88
Web Site https://gog-mdat.org