1. This week UKMTO issued one Advisory, see page 3 for full details.
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 19 Aug 17 that, in the Bab el Mandeb straits, multiple skiffs approached a vessel on both port and starboard sides. Ref ADVISORY NOTICE 003/AUG/2017. Vessel and crew reported safe.
3. Whilst there are many causes for piracy there is one common link to tackling the issue. Article (a) refers.
4. Is there a link between Somali piracy and AlShabab? UN investigates. Article (b) refers.
5. EU NAVFOR and Republic of Korean warships conduct exercises for the third time this year to continue their cooperation against piracy. Article (c) refers.
6. On the back of recent Cyber-attacks article (d) warns of potential threats to ports.