1. This week UKMTO issued one Advisory, see page 3 for details.
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 18 Oct 17 that an MV transiting off the Indian coast was followed by 2 skiffs for approximately 1 hour with the closest point of approach being 50m. BMP4 measures were in place and the Vessel and crew are reported as being safe. Ref ADVISORY NOTICE 003/OCT/2017.
3. IMB have reported that for the first 9 months of 2017 piracy incidents have dropped. Articles (a), (b) and (c) refer.
4. The charity, Sailors Society, says that piracy remains a concern worldwide. Article (d) refers.
5. The Asian Shipowners Association highlighted how the security situation in East Africa has changed and called for BMP4 to be updated. Article (e) refers.
6. UKMTO currently use a large database of addressees to issue copies of our Weekly Report as well as Advisories and Warnings. In order to keep this relevant could recipients please advise details of any amendments, including removals, to email@example.com.