1. This week UKMTO issued one Advisory, see page 3 for details.
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 24 Oct 17 that a wooden vessel in vicinity of Socotra Island had been attacked by alleged Pirates. Ref ADVISORY NOTICE 004/OCT/2017. The incident was initially co-ordinated by OMAN MARSECENT. An international response was instigated with both the US and Japan, through CTF151, responding. USS Howard gave medical aid to the casualties and assisted with some repairs to the Dhow. Articles (a), (b) and (c) refer.
3. China has announced that their anti-piracy mission in the Gulf of Aden will continue. Article (d) refers.
4. There have been unconfirmed media reports, articles, (e) and (f), that an Iranian vessel was seized by local fisherman off the coast of Socotra.
5. Unmanned systems are being used to counter piracy across Southeast Asia see article (g).
6. The Calling Notice has been issued for the next MIEVOM which will be held on Tuesday 28th November 2017 at the Dubai International Seafarer’s Centre, al Mina Road, Dubai. As space at this venue is restricted, those wishing to attend should confirm their details to Dubaiop1@ukmto.org at their earliest convenience.