1. This week UKMTO has issued one advisory, see page 3 for details.
2. It was reported to UKMTO on 08 Nov 17 that an MV transiting near Perim Island was followed and
approached at speed by 2 skiffs, each with 7 men on-board, with the closest point of approach being 100m. Vessel and crew are reported as being safe.
Ref ADVISORY NOTICE 001/NOV/2017.
3. Whilst there was no official confirmation in writing the Saudi Arabian authorities announced the closure of all Yemeni ports. This was later relaxed with the Ports of Aden and Makulla being opened to authorised shipping. Articles (a) and (b) refer.
4. U.S. MARITIME ALERT 2017-008A was issued in
response to the announcement of the closure of
Yemeni ports, see page 4 for details.
5. The UN adopted a resolution to ensure that the comprehensive approach to the issue of piracy off the coast of Yemen continues. This spans from the military response to legal and economic progress in Somalia. Articles (c), (d), and (e) refer.
6. Whilst piracy incidents, after the spike in activity earlier this year, have reduced in the Gulf of Aden, there is still an upward trend elsewhere in the world, notably in the Gulf of Guinea and in Asia. Articles (f) and (g) give further detail.
7. The Calling Notice has been issued for MIEVOM which will be held on 28
th November 2017 at the Dubai International Seafarer’s Centre, Dubai. Those wishing to attend should confirm their details to
Dubaiemail@example.com at the earliest convenience.