1. This week UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories.
2. There have been no verified incidents this week. Vessels are requested to report any incidents or suspicious activity in line with guidance laid down in BMP4 and security chart Q6099 to UKMTO. 3. Vessels are encouraged to note UKMTO NOTICE 001/AUG/2017 (Guidance on Transits through the BAB EL MANDEB and associated waters).
4. CTF150, currently under command of an Australian and New Zealand leadership, have successfully interdicted drugs smuggling for the fourth time in recent months. Further details in articles (a) and (b).
5. Loss of migrants and refugees lives off the coast of Yemen on 26 Jan, on an overcrowded boat, have been reported. Articles (c) and (d) refer.
6. Concerns are rising that piracy attacks in 2017 could lift insurance and freight costs for Kenya importers. More details at article (e).
Download full report here