1. UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories this week.
2. EUNAVFOR have released an industry Threat Bulletin covering an incident in the Southern Red Sea, positon indicated on page 3, between a Saudi warship and 7 skiffs. Ship and crew are safe. For further details follow link - http://bit.ly/2FxGcxL
3. Training was recently conducted in the Seychelles, assisted by EUNAVFOR and UNODC, to aid with prosecution of pirates. Article (a) expands.
4. CTF 150 conducted a successful boarding of a vessel and seizure drugs valued around $120m USD. Full details in Articles (b) and (c).
5. Top 10 cyber security tips for passenger ship operators can be found in article (d). Article (e) examines the question of cyber security and the potential introduction of automated shipping.
6. The next Maritime Information Exchange Vessel Operators’ Meeting (MIEVOM) will be held on Sunday 22 April 2018. Anyone who wishes further details please e mail their details to DUBAI-OP1@ukmto.org
Download full report here