1. UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories this week.
2. There have been no verified incidents this week. Vessels are requested to report any suspicious activity to UKMTO in line with guidance laid down in BMP4 and security chart Q6099, initially by phone where possible. This will enable UKMTO to liaise with the military authorities in the area, should it be required, and also inform the wider merchant community in a timely manner.
3. According to a report from the IMB, global incidents of piracy have increased in the first quarter of 2018 compared to the same period last year. For further information see articles (a) and (b).
4. This week the Royal Navy formally opened a permanent naval base in Bahrain to support the UK’s ability to operate in the area. Article (c) gives more details.
5. The next Maritime Information Exchange Vessel Operators’ Meeting (MIEVOM) will be held on Sunday 22 April 2018. Anyone who wishes further details please e mail their details to DUBAI-OP1@ukmto.org
Download full report here