UKMTO have issued no Warnings or Advisories this week.
1. CMF/EU NAVFOR Industry Releasable Threat Bulletin (IRTB) 008 was released this week. Please contact Dubai-2iC@ukmto.org for further details.
2. Weather conditions in the Gulf of Oman and Gulf of Aden have had a significant impact on the reported sightings of small boat activity in the region this week (See article a).
3. The Combined Maritime Force combined with the EU Naval Force recently conducted Operation ‘Three Arrows’ conceived primarily to practice interacting with fishing vessels and Dhows in the region. The Djiboutian navy also assisted in gathering information on suspicious activity (b).
5. The EU Naval Force and the Kenyan Maritime authorities have conducted operations this week aimed at strengthening regional maritime security measures and maintaining safe maritime routes (c).
6. In the wake of the recent spate of TV and Film Industry releases which are based on real life piracy incidents off Somalia which appear to glamourize events, one press article this week comments on the need to re-focus on the risks run by seafarers and the human costs involved (d).
Download full report here