1. UKMTO has issued no Advisories and no Warnings this week.
2. During 2018, UKMTO Briefing Officers visited and briefed 888 Masters and ship’s crews of merchant vessels alongside UAE ports in their primary role to inform, reassure and provide support on matters of regional maritime security. They also gave the same brief over the telephone to Captains and Security staff of 5 cruise liners transiting through the HRA.
3. The UKMTO office, located within the British Embassy Dubai, welcomes visitors from personnel linked to the Maritime Industry and during 2018 was visited by a total of 137 personnel from a variety of civilian and military organisations.
4. Anyone wishing to arrange a maritime security briefing for their personnel or wish to visit the UKMTO Office during 2019 can contact the Officer in Charge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. U.S Maritime Advisory 2018-015 covering the threat from regional conflict and piracy in the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, Arabian Sea, Gulf of Oman, and Indian Ocean was released. US MARAD advisories can be viewed at https://www.maritime.dot.gov/msci-advisories
Download full report here