1. UKMTO has issued no Advisories and no Warnings this week.
2. The Seychelles Supreme Court has formally charged the Somali pirates involved in the attacks on 3 fishing vessel last month. (paras. 7a. and 7b.)
3. Her Majesty’s Canadian Ship (HMCS) Regina has completed her deployment with the Combined Maritime Forces (CMF). As part of Combined Task Force (CTF) 150 her crew seized and destroyed 9,155kg of illegal narcotics worth just over $4.7 million (USD) regional wholesale. (7c.)
4. Both Japan and the Seychelles feature in media articles highlighting their respective commitment to Maritime Security within the region. (7d. and 7e.)
5. A regional partnership is underway to help enforce the ban on illegal charcoal trade. (7f.)
6. Rear Admiral Tim Lowe CBE Royal Navy has been appointed the new Chief Executive and Accounting Officer for the UK Hydrographic Office. (7g.)
Download the full UKMTO report here