1. UKMTO has issued one Advisory and no Warnings this week (see page 3).
2. In response to the incidents reported at para 1, Flag State guidance was given to Red Ensign Group (UK) shipping transiting the Strait of Hormuz and Persian Gulf.
3. All CSO’s should ensure that they are fully aware of the latest Flag State guidance and that it is communicated in a timely manner to Masters to allow completion of an informed ‘threat and risk assessment’ of their intended passage, in accordance with Section 3 of BMP5.
4. A group of shipping industry organizations has today jointly issued reporting guidance for vessels transiting the Arabian Gulf (AG), Straits of Hormuz (SoH) and Gulf of Oman (GOO) (see Page 4). The guidance is available on the following websites: https://bit.ly/30Njpbf , https://bit.ly/32Iz4uk and https://bit.ly/30Njpbf
5. The latest Industry Releasable Threat Assessment (01 Mar 19) and Bulletin (24 Jun 19) issued jointly by Commander Maritime Forces (CMF) and European Union Naval Force (EUNAVFOR) can be read at www.mschoa.org (log-in required).
Advisories and Alerts issued by U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) can be read at http://bit.ly/2NSMTTr
Download the full UKMTO report here