1. UKMTO has issued no Advisories or Warnings this week.
2. On 9 Aug 19 Flag State guidance for Red Ensign Group (REG) shipping was updated and released for transits of the Strait of Hormuz and the Gulf of Oman. All REG ship’s CSO should ensure that they are fully aware of the latest Flag State guidance and that it is communicated in a timely manner to ship’s masters.
3. U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) released an advisory highlighting threats to commercial vessels transiting the region from GPS interference, spoofing and communications jamming: http://bit.ly/2KDYOj7. (See 7.a. to 7.c.)
4. Shipping Industry guidance for vessels transiting the Arabian Gulf (AG), Straits of Hormuz (SoH) and Gulf of Oman (GOO) is available on the following websites: https://bit.ly/30Njpbf and https://bit.ly/32Iz4uk
5. The United Kingdom has reaffirmed its commitment to freedom of navigation and safe passage though the GOO by playing a leading role in a new international maritime security mission. (See 7.d. & 7.e) 6. The Seychelles have raised a protest against Somaliland over the premature release of convicted pirates with the Contact Group on Piracy off the Coast of Somalia (CGPCS) and may take their complaint to the UN Security Council. (See 7f. & 7.g.)
Download the full UKMTO report here