1. UKMTO has issued no Advisories or Warnings this week.
2. The latest Flag State guidance to Red Ensign Group (REG) shipping for transits of the Strait of Hormuz (SoH) and the Gulf of Oman (GOO) was released on 9th Aug 19. All REG ship’s CSO should ensure that they are fully aware of the latest Flag State guidance and that it is communicated in a timely manner to ship’s masters.
3. A U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) advisory highlighting threats to commercial vessels transiting the region from GPS interference, spoofing and communications jamming is available at: http://bit.ly/2KDYOj7.
4. Additional guidance for vessels transiting the Arabian Gulf (AG), Straits of Hormuz (SoH) and Gulf of Oman (GOO) is available on the following websites: https://bit.ly/30Njpbf and https://bit.ly/32Iz4uk
5. A UK led joint staff of Royal Navy and French Marine Nationale assumed command of the maritime security organisation Combined Task Force (CTF) 150 from the Pakistan Navy on the 8th Aug 19. (See 7a. & 7b.) 6. British frigate HMS Kent, has left Portsmouth to relieve HMS Duncan of her duties working alongside HMS Montrose currently operating in the Gulf. (See 7c. & 7d.)
Download the full UKMTO report here