1. UKMTO has issued no Advisories or Warnings this week.
2. On 19th Aug, the UK Department for Transport (DfT) released their latest guidance to Red Ensign Group (REG) shipping for transits of the Strait of Hormuz (SoH) and the Gulf of Oman (GOO). All REG ship’s CSO should ensure that they are fully aware of the latest Flag State guidance and that it is communicated in a timely manner to ship’s masters.
3. The U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) released Advisory 2019-012 highlighting the possibility that commercial vessels transiting the region may experience GPS interference, bridge to bridge spoofing and communications jamming. The Advisory is available at: http://bit.ly/2KDYOj7.
4. Additional guidance for vessels transiting the Arabian Gulf (AG), Straits of Hormuz (SoH) and Gulf of Oman (GOO) is available on the following websites: https://bit.ly/30Njpbf and https://bit.ly/32Iz4uk
5. CMF and EU NAVFOR have today released the latest Industry Releasable Threat Assessment (IRTA). IRTA 01 Sept 19 will be available on the CMF website at https://bit.ly/2Ibid85
Download the full UKMTO report here