Kuwait on Friday raised the level of security for oil facilities and commercial ports nationwide.
A ministerial decree stipulated that the move aims to safeguard the country's ports and oil facilities, Kuwait Ports Authority (KPC) said in a statement carried by Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).
Friday's decision stressed that all parties should take the necessary measures to protect vessels and seaport facilities amid current developments in the region.
On Tuesday, Kuwait’s Deputy Prime Minister Sabah Al-Khalid Al-Sabah urged the army to "exercise utmost vigilance" to counter potential dangers that could undermine security and stability in the country.
The Ministry of Communications in the state of Kuwait’s has released a Ministry Resolution increasing the ISPS level for all poets within Kuwait to ISPS L2
”Minister of State for Services Affairs:
• After reviewing the constitution:-
• Amiri Decree issued on 12/8/1986 concerning the functions of the Ministry of Transportation
• Amiri Decree No. 5 in 2017 concerning the functions of the Minister of State for Services Affairs
• Council of Ministers No.1003 Decision No. 2/64 held on 23/11/2009 on the formation of the Standing Committee to follow up and implement the International Code of the Security of Ships and Port Facilities (ISPS Code)
• Ministerial Decision No. 700 of 5/8/2018 on the Restructuring of the Standing Committee for the Follow-up of the Implementation of the International Ship Security Code and the Port Facility
• Recommendation of the Standing Committee for the implementation of the International Code of Security of Ships and Port Facilities, based on the proposal of the Undersecretary
1. Security level at all Kuwait ports is raised from Level 1 to Level 2 (ISPS code)
2. Kindly inform all Vessels that are under your agency to cooperate immediately
Kuwait News Agency https://www.kuna.net.kw/ArticleDetails.aspx?id=2819696&language=en