1. This week UKMTO issued no Advisories or Warnings.
2. The U.S. Maritime Administration (MARAD) have released U.S. Maritime Alert 2019-014: Threat due to regional conflict and piracy in Red Sea, Gulf of Aden, Arabian Sea, Gulf of Oman and Indian Ocean. MARAD alerts can be viewed at www.marad.dot.gov/MSCI or via the following link: https://bit.ly/2sLUskW
3. The Record of Discussion and presentations from the 29th Maritime Information Exchange Vessel Operators’ Meeting (MIEVOM), are now available on the UKMTO Website at: https://bit.ly/2PKGKXk
4. On 17 Dec the UK Department for Transport (DfT) issued revised Maritime Security Guidance for British flagged ships operating in the Arabian Gulf. DfT Ref 2019/31 refers.
5. On entering the Voluntary Reporting Area (VRA) and registering their Initial report with UKMTO, ship’s Masters and CSOs are requested to submit an ETA for arrival at the Strait of Hormuz and Bab el Mandeb Strait, if applicable.